The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-ray-cause-i-said-actually-that-a-iul-is-30614024.aspx

Subject:  Re: 7702 Private Plans (indexed universal life) Date:  3/29/2013  11:54 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  71570 of 75594

Hi Ray,

'cause I said, actually, that a IUL *is* suitable for some people. People who prefer never-declining values over having more money.

That's half-correct. Its for people who prefer to ELIMINATE the catastrophic probabilities of having less money with no further time to recover.

You can see that they both dramatically lower the volatility and drawdowns (losses) of the S&P, and they still have a higher final value than the IUL.

So, is that really your system submission? Buy & hold the S&P (including dividends, for you but not for me, oh of course,) from the stipulated 4/13/1987 date to the final 4/13/2012 date? Unhedged, naked?

Shall I proceed on that submission?

Believe it or not, I am GREATFUL when somebody shows me that I'm wrong about a strategy. 'cause -- look up above -- making more money is good, making less money is bad.

Let's make you very happy & grateful (or even greatful) then! *YOU* can buy the beers when we eventually get the privilege of meeting in person.

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us