The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: wrong SSN on W-2 Date:  3/30/2013  10:10 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118219 of 127641

Box 2 has $1.18, and it looks like he is getting a refund of just under $200.

As I look at it, I can see that 2 of the numbers in the SSN got transposed, but it's still wrong.


First, you might suggest to the little darling that he could have looked at his papers when they came in close to 2 months ago. Then there would have been plenty of time to contact the employer, point out the error, and get a corrected W-2.

File on paper.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us