The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Sch C necessary? Date:  4/1/2013  1:36 PM
Author:  RBMunkin Number:  118245 of 127745

Hi gang,
If some worked for an individual and was paid outside of payroll for a short while, and received a 1099-MISC for that small amount, and then they switched to payroll and got a W2 from that person, is there anywhere they can report the 1099-MISC income besides Schedule C? They are not truly self-employed, and will not be the following year. Just for $840 worth of time before the employer put them on a payroll system.
Also, they do NOT have ANY expenses to claim against the $840.

So for this very brief time period, and very small amount, it's a bummer but it seems to me they have to do a Sch C. But I thought I'd check here for her first.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us