The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-your-reply-gene-im-afraid-i-need-to-30617133.aspx

Subject:  Re: Broker issue Date:  4/1/2013  2:33 PM
Author:  SaraW946 Number:  71624 of 76396

Thanks for your reply, Gene. I'm afraid I need to explain it again: :)

I didn't lose $200. I lost a lot more. This was my IRA account. The moment she opened it I was losing 4% in hidden fees. Then there were the hidden fees of the gains which should have been more than $1,000. There were also further hidden fees. I was never consulted. My loss overall because of her was in the hundreds of dollars but close to $1,000. This is money I wouldn't like to lose because of this crook.

Next, I believe I said that I've been self-managing all my accounts for a year, including the IRA as of the last week. And yes, I invest in the stock market, and yes, I have the stomach for it, and yes, my stocks are up 25% overall and my 403b about 24% only in 2012 and for ytd 10.4%. In other words, I chose good mutual funds after researching them, and I believe my strategy for stocks has paid off. I've proved to myself and others that I am more than competent.

My questions about the IRA fiasco are: is there something I can do about this broker? Is there a procedure I can follow? Would there be an outcome if I complain/sue/whatever about her deception? Does anyone have a similar experience and if so, what have you guys done? Has she done something illegal or unprofessional that might get her in trouble?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us