The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  How to Invest a Cash Windfall for Retirement Date:  4/1/2013  4:55 PM
Author:  mgreen10 Number:  71638 of 88786

My retirement savings are currently invested in:
1. A traditional Rollover IRA
2. Employer-sponsored 401k plan
3. A brokerage account

I expect to receive about $50K this year and $100K next year, in addition to my regular earnings, and would like to invest it in a tax-advantaged retirement account like a 401K or IRA. The problem is I can't transfer a large, lump sum of money into these accounts. I can contribute up to about $23K per year into my 401K and $6K per year into my IRA.

Are there options for investing a large, lump sum that will grow tax-deferred (like a traditional IRA) or tax-free (like a Roth IRA)?

Thank you for your help!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us