The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: How to Invest a Cash Windfall for Retirement Date:  4/1/2013  7:03 PM
Author:  gdett2 Number:  71643 of 88063


Depending on your income, you may be able to max a Roth contribution. If you are over the limit, you can make a non-deductible contribution to a trad IRA. If you are married, this applies for a spousal contribution.

On the 401k, if the payments are coming from your employer, they may have an option to max your contribution limit there. I do not believe "outside money" can be contributed to a 401k.

Other than that, a taxable brokerage account works.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us