The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: How to Invest a Cash Windfall for Retirement Date:  4/1/2013  9:45 PM
Author:  mgreen10 Number:  71646 of 88520

My income is low enough that I could contribute the maximum to a Roth IRA ($6,500 with catchup contribution), but at that rate it would take many years to invest a large sum. The money is not coming from an employer or another retirement account. It is a gift.

It sounds like a taxable brokerage account may be the only option for me.

Thanks for your help!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us