The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/have-you-tried-putting-a-quotreminder-30620167.aspx

Subject:  Re: =8~0 Date:  4/3/2013  12:12 PM
Author:  alstroemeria Number:  48747 of 63381

Have you tried putting a "reminder note" where he'll see it when preparing the coffee?

I can't get him to understand what I want, so we're not up to reminding him of it. But thanks for thinking about this!

We weren't hungry for breakfast and just followed up the cafe au lait with kefir and vitamins. So we got hungry for lunch early.

He followed my instructions to a T (yes, a test of sorts, asking him to fix lunch with detailed specifications). Crisped up the last slice of Easter prime rib in the toaster oven and salted it, heated the rice a bit, and just took the chill off the cooked asparagus served with the last of the cold horseradish sauce*. Yum! And it helps me feel more positive about his cognition. Of course, it helps that I've also had my coffee ;-)

* horseradish sauce: stir freshly grated or jarred grated horseradish and minced onion into yogurt. I used 1 cup of Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup plain bottled horseradish (has only vinegar and salt in addition to horseradish), ~2-3 Tbsp minced onion and a little more salt. It's good on all sorts of plain vegetables, meat, chicken, and fish, on some omelets, even stirred into a soup to add creaminess and a little heat. Traditional horseradish sauce is made with sour cream with added acidification from lemon or vinegar, but since yogurt is already a bit sour and my horseradish already had a bit of vinegar, it seemed optimally sour to me. Anyway, a healthy way to dress up plain cooking.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us