The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/have-the-historical-quottotal-sampp500quot-30621097.aspx

Subject:  Re: Strategy comparison S&P500 vs. IUL Date:  4/3/2013  10:38 PM
Author:  Rayvt Number:  71687 of 76406

have the historical "total S&P500" data (with the shifting dividends,) back to inception now.
Great! Is it posted somewhere for download? If not, can you put put it up somewhere?

Never mind. I got my butt in gear and managed to find the historical yields.

I've only eyeballed the equity curves, not dug deeper into the data & calculations, but it doesn't appear at first blush that the spend-downs were addressed. The IUL is going to have a more gradual glidepath,

Not sure what you mean by "spend-downs". I'm just an Arkansas hick[*], so maybe this is going right over my head -- I understand "withdrawals" and that's what I modeled. Is that another of those Inigo Montoya words?
[*] transplanted Arkansan, but still ...

Yes, the IUL did have a more gradual glidepath.
Right into oblivion. ;-(

After somebody(s) take a look at the "iul-check" the spreadsheet and verifies that the calculations are valid, and I've had a chance to correct any errors, I'll upload my spreadsheet. Alas, it's gotten rather complicated, what with all the parameters.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us