The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/phil-and-aj-and-others-thanks-for-all-the-great-30622876.aspx

Subject:  Re: Social security and payroll tax witholding Date:  4/5/2013  1:01 AM
Author:  hotpepperaddict Number:  118285 of 121596

Phil and AJ, and others,

Thanks for all the great info. That link is my situation. I work in a different office though (branch of the franchise).

My SS statements have always showed the correct amount so that puts me at ease. Might try and get a piece of that $4.7M for emotional and reputational damage. :)

What is the likelihood of the IRS coming after her assets (including the branches) to cover their losses? Who is imposing the jail and fine? Not the IRS, right? Will there be an attempt to collect that money?

One of the statements in the DA's release:

“Employers who commit Employment Tax Fraud by failing to remit employment taxes are not only defrauding the United States government, they are creating financial havoc for their employees,” said Stephen Boyd, Special Agent in Charge, IRS Criminal Investigation, Denver Field Office.

What havoc is he referring to? From reading the posts, it sounds like I should be fine. I guess I can add havoc to my damages. (Again, :))

Well, thanks again.
Mark
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us