The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks D / Disney

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/note-in-my-above-post-i-meant-to-write-quotthe-30622916.aspx

Subject:  Re: Media CEO compensation Date:  4/5/2013  2:46 AM
Author:  esxokm Number:  48519 of 49467

Note: In my above post I meant to write "The man took in..." instead of the "The man took him...".

Fuskie, I was more curious as to what people themselves thought. You are correct in that the board pays him what it thinks it should. But if you were in charge, would you think it reasonable to pay him more? Les Moonves over at CBS earned more than Iger (if I recall correctly). The Viacom CEO I believe has earned more in some years than Iger.

Most are very happy with the Disney CEO's performance and believe he has been worth the money. But is there a point where he isn't? If those other media companies are paying their CEOs more, are they wrong? If so, why?

Another hypothetical: Should the company negotiate with him to forget leaving and stay on board until 2020? If the board said they would pay him a bonus irrespective of his regular compensation of say $70 million just to sign, would you be for that? Why?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us