The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/whose-realtor-did-not-disclose-important-30623109.aspx

Subject:  Re: Landfill < 1 mile away? Date:  4/5/2013  9:30 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  125058 of 127812

...whose realtor did not disclose important details.

Sorry, but was the landfill hidden in some way, that the Realtor should have disclosed this? Because frankly the Realtor could have been sued for "steering" by saying just about anything that could be interpreted as deterring the OP from buying this house in this neighborhood.

It sounds to me as though the OP rushed the purchase and is now experiencing buyer's remorse. There is a lovely tool on the internet called satellite maps, where one can plug in the address in question and then get an aerial picture to see what is around them. Heck, some of the maps even will label businesses around the searched location and eliminate guess work, and one can zoom in quite close to see details. I have steered away from a number of properties in this way, and won't even go do an initial on site look until I do this minimal research on line.

IP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us