The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Fuskie's Town Hall Exposition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-tried-a-debt-reduction-negotiation-company-30623134.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fuskie Has A New Gig Date:  4/5/2013  9:44 AM
Author:  NoIDAtAll Number:  2043 of 2058

I tried a debt reduction negotiation company, Fusky. My creditors refused to deal with them. After I filed for bankruptcy, some of my creditors offered a deal. Most notably, Chase made a 10% payback offer. The problem I perceived was that I wouldn't be treating all of the creditors equally, and the short term repayment period they offered would have been more than I could have reliably competed with all of the debt that I owed, and the bankruptcy court would frown on that, pretty big time, if I only negotiated a deal with one or a few of my creditors. Chase suggested that I make the offer they had made to my other creditors, but most of my debt was already with collectors. You're right, they do get pretty nasty and invasive, and don't negotiate very willingly, one in particular, though you can inform them that they are calling you where you work, and they will stop, sooner or later, or suffer the consequences.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us