The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Company Stock in 401K Date:  4/5/2013  1:56 PM
Author:  CABob Number:  118292 of 127753

You should check with your employer and/or the company that administers your 401k plan to see what options are available. In certain cases you can withdraw employer stock separate from the rest of the plan and pay taxes on the cost basis of the stock. This may or may not be of benefit to you.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us