The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-amount-doesnt-matter-were-using-10000-30627176.aspx

Subject:  Re: Strategy comparison S&P500 vs. IUL [rev 1] Date:  4/8/2013  2:35 PM
Author:  aj485 Number:  71815 of 76418

The amount doesn't matter; we're using $10,000 and $1,000 as a round number.

Then why was your first response to me We're talking about accumulating vast sums of money ($40-130 million), which can be done only if a relatively large amount--although $1,000 isn't such a huge amount for many people, including many on this board--is methodically invested.?

My point was, in 1965, 'a grand a month' was a relatively large amount, and not something that that wasn't "such a huge amount for many people".

We just want to see if a systematic contribution to the S&P500 will yield in the millions and millions, as has been claimed here by Rayvt.

Rayvt posted spreadsheets and numbers that appear to be very believable to me, given the unrealistic scenario that was proposed. If you want to refute his information, I suggest that you post your own actual data, rather than trying to sell us all on your view without any data to back it up.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us