The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/otherwise-well-let-cc-succeed-in-derailing-this-30627825.aspx

Subject:  Re: Strategy comparison S&P500 vs. IUL [rev 1] Date:  4/8/2013  11:03 PM
Author:  Rayvt Number:  71858 of 75827

Otherwise we'll let CC succeed in derailing this thread and further obfuscating things.

Pffft! It got derailed and obfuscated long before I came into the discussion.

Damn!!! Third time I pee'd my pants in this thread!

CC, may I direct your attention to the title of this thread? "Subject: Strategy comparison S&P500 vs. IUL [rev 1]"

Nothing in there about IRA's at all.

===============
If you want to refute his information, I suggest that you post your own actual data, rather than trying to sell us all on your view without any data to back it up.

I don't have a "view;" I'm just not willing to make a decision based on religion.

Well, you clearly do have a view. Because you are the one accusing others of "making decision based on religion", while disregarding all the posts which lay out numbers.
By my count, at least 3 (THREE) people have posted a quick, simple in-the-ballpark back-of-envelope calculation -- in addition to my detailed numbers -- and they (the numbers, not the people) are all in basic agreement.

Heck, I posted an entire set of calculations last night, post #71790. Did you bother to look at that, or does your religion tell you to not bother?

I do, however, refute Rayvt's calculations as wildly optimistic on their face.
You do know that "refute" means to "Overthrow by evidence or proof" and "Prove to be false or incorrect", don't you?

Waving your arms and saying, "It isn't so." is not a refutation.

I don't think you are reading a damn thing that anybody says on this thread. You are just coming back like my 4 year old grandson, "No no no no no!"

But, hey, whatever ... it's been entertaining, I got to exercise my Excel skills, and a I learned a few more Excel tricks & techniques.

And the *next* time some IUL proponent comes along I'll be able to point them to this spreadsheet and have them defend IUL's with hard numbers staring them in the face.

I guess Dave's off on vacation right now.

We are leaving this weekend for a last-minute cruise, that we got the email for this morning and booked before lunch.
Not a vacation, though. When you are retired and FIRE'd ( http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f47/acronyms-and-slan... ) you don't get to take vacation. Every day is a vacation -- you just choose where to be, at home or on the Seven Seas.
When you are FIRE'd, it's always "How Fast Can You Pack?" day.

Dave'll probably get back when I'm gone; he'll have a lot of reading to catch up with. ;-)

I'll try to upload the spreadsheet for public access before we leave.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us