The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Question about filing taxes Date:  4/9/2013  7:15 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118343 of 127523

I am a resident of Indiana and owe $499 to the state for income taxes for 2012. My question is: Can I file the state tax return via TaxAct software and send the amount via echeck? Indiana does allow payment by echeck, but I am not sure how the tax return should be filed (i.e., do I necessarily need to mail a paper return)?

I have no special knowledge of Indiana's procedures, but I can't imagine that you'd have to send a paper return just because you have a balance due. If there's something about your return that precludes e-filing the software won't let you do it.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us