The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-might-be-crazy-but-30630009.aspx

Subject:  I might be crazy but.... Date:  4/10/2013  12:11 PM
Author:  vision1220 Number:  71881 of 75792

Awhile ago I reached out for the community's input regarding my plan for retirement and am thankful for the advice that I recieved. I have done my due dilligence and am ready with the exception of one MAJOR concern.

How do I fill the void of so much time on my hands?

Let me back up and give a brief overview. I'm single, no kids or grand kids, no pets (although I am a dog lover), I love to play golf but would get bored playing 5 times a week and probably have been a workaholic it most people's eyes. I love my job and make a six figure salary but I just don't want to keep pushing like I have in the past.

In my attempt to keep this brief I had an epiphany or a warped thought last night.

Because of my uncertainy of filling the time void what if I came up with a plan to present to my employer to help me erase this issue.

Please assume what I lay out could be totally acceptable to my employer for a lot of various reasons without going into all the details.

The Plan. Seek a salary of 14K, They cover all medical/dental premiums, provide an auto allowance, provide corporate housing (I own a home in MN but rent in my current location)and agree to 8 weeks vacation per year.

This would create a savings for them of over 60K per year and the business would remain fluid and would at least provide me a glimpse of what slowing down truly means.

I realize true DD includes filling that time void but I can't wrap my arms around it yet. From a financial standpoint I am fine.

Am I crazy???
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us