The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/interesting-about-when-to-enter-the-one-thing-i-30631485.aspx

Subject:  Re: Selling Verizon?? Date:  4/11/2013  10:28 AM
Author:  tpbf Number:  18357 of 19483

Interesting about when to enter. The one thing I have learned from my years in medicine is that most folks who go into a community seem to agree they wish they had gone in sooner. The trouble is you have to go in when you are able, both physically and financially. That would be now. DH recently went through a group of orthopedic surgeries where we learned we really have no one to help us (or, we don't want to ask - you get it).

Back to investing/selling. No, we are lucky not to need to money to enter the "village". I would look to some Wellesly/Wellington kind of investment. Something balanced, but with more active management (sorry, Mr. Buffett). I am just ready to let some of this money manage work go.

I always considered my stock/bond portfolio to be sort of a hobby and I enjoyed it. More and more it feels like work. And, I am beginning to find myself a tad anxious about making the moves. I always said "Foolish confidence" was my nature, do the homework make the best move you can and learn from your errors.

Perhaps time to let go.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us