The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Uncooperative, Signature Date:  4/14/2013  12:55 AM
Author:  foo1bar Number:  118415 of 127617

She has no income, so I'm not sure what she'll accomplish. She doesn't even have to file.

You're married.
You live in Texas (a community property state.)
You have income.

She has income to report if she does MFS.
At least that's what I took from Peter's post:

She asked for all her tax document, which basically consist of a few medical bills that won't be tax deductible, and a $100 gift the charity.
I think it also includes a copy of your W2, and a copy of any other tax documents that you have been thinking of as "yours".
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us