The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/dtm-i-spoke-to-my-friend-and-she-said-that-her-30638495.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Global Water shortage. Date:  4/16/2013  4:36 PM
Author:  DavidAnglin Number:  200975 of 214641

DTM,

I spoke to my friend and she said that her concern is related to climate change and drought related agricultural troubles.

It also comes to mind that Dr. Michael Burry has put all of his money from his bet against housing into agricultural land with its own water sources.

I do not think that the worries are about drinking water per se.

Your comment about removing the salt from sea water is something that I have heard before. The glacial melting waters flow downward through rivers to the sea. Instead of having recurring Spring and Summer melts, that occur when some of the glacier melts due to seasonal warmth is a bit different to glaciers that completely melt and are not there to provide extra seasonal river water in future.

I do not know enough about the science of ocean systems to imagine how massive sea salt removal systems would affect that important eco-system.

So as you sea (pun intended) the back and forth chat on this board makes one think of things a bit more than when one is pondering on one's own.

Sincerely,

jan

:^)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us