The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/aj-you-really-rock-they-way-you-evaluate-info-30639107.aspx

Subject:  Re: Borrower vs. Lender paid PMI Date:  4/17/2013  1:28 AM
Author:  aj485 Number:  125097 of 127262

AJ - you really rock. They way you evaluate info and outline answers is outstanding. I have a guess of your occupation but don't know for sure. You do certainly know the servicing side of the mortgage industry. Why don't you originate?

Thanks. I am an ops analyst supporting customer service and back office operations (think forecasting, budgeting, process improvement, etc.) mostly in the financial services industry. I have specifically worked in credit cards (both prime and sub-prime), mortgage servicing, payroll services, general banking and (just for a bit of variety) cell phones.

Doing ops analysis for the customer service/back office areas, I've been able to learn a lot about each industry, especially when new regulations are implemented (constantly in financial services for the last 4 - 5 years), since those changes result in process changes that need to be analyzed.

Originations - not really my cup of tea, as I am mostly a numbers geek and not so much of a customer interface person. I am constantly amazed at how patient people who are good at customer interface are. The reps who have sat near me - I could never do their job, although I have been through training and taken some phone calls in some of my assignments, I was always really glad when I completed that part.

AJ
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us