The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/they-are-also-hungry-cold-wet-etc-and-die-30643326.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Global Water shortage. Date:  4/19/2013  11:38 AM
Author:  DrtThrwingMonkey Number:  201044 of 211993

They are also hungry, cold, wet, etc. And die from lack of sanitation facilities that they once had, but wealthy so-called civilized countries bombed their water treatment plants, their sewage treatment plants, the electric power plants, basically back to slightly post stone-age living standards. We call this brining them democracy. Bah!

This argument is getting silly, as I should have known it would, and I don't know which countries you are talking about, but I don't really want to go on with a political argument.

My point was that there can be no global water shortage, although of course there can be local shortages. We will eventually run out of fossil fuels, probably in 100-300 years, but will never run out things like iron, copper, gold, etc., which we are just moving around from one part of the planet to another. This is particularly true of water. This doesn't mean that everyone has as much as they want, but that is another question.

Regards, DTM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us