The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yep-i-remember-how-conservatives-were-targeted-30644979.aspx

Subject:  Re: Truth Date:  4/20/2013  12:29 PM
Author:  2828 Number:  678533 of 736625

Yep. I remember how conservatives were targeted back in '95, after the OKC bombing, again in '96, after the Olympic bombing in Atlanta, and more recently last summer after a right-wing terrorist slaughtered six people in Oak Cree, Wisconsin.

The backlash against innocent law-abiding conservatives was terrible, people beating them up in the streets, demanding they removed from airplanes or fired from their jobs, and just generally questioning their loyalty. Heck, if someone found out you were a conservative, they assumed you were a terrorist. I'm so glad that's over.
--------------------------------------------------
Maybe you were out of the country when those things happened, maybe you didn't hear about the Tea Party or Kenneth Gladney. I guess it's possible. Maybe you didn't hear the networks suspecting the marathon bombers were probably right wingers because of tax day or patriots day. I guess it's possible. I know alot of people didn't know about Kermit Gosnell.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us