The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Wealth Creation Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/financial-future-for-child-30645056.aspx

Subject:  Financial future for child... Date:  4/20/2013  1:37 PM
Author:  emmadsdad Number:  71 of 72

Hi all, new to the boards. I would like to ask everyone's opinion on my situation. Long sory short, I would like to set up some investments now for my 11 yo daughter with the hopes that 25-30 years from now she will have a nice sum of money for herself. I am teaching her the value of money, and even trying to get her interested in how things work financially. I willbe there to help her pay for college, hoping that scolarships will play a good role in her college education. I also do not want to hurt her change for scholarships or financial aid by having to much money in her name.
Currently I have a UMA with about 10,000. I DRIP JNJ, KO, COP, WMT.
My plans are to get each stock to 100 shares and let them ride. I am thinking abot buying 100 shares of GE also.
So any other opinions of what I can do to get her started. I guess I will put th stocks in my name until she is past college so as to not affect financal help. Any other stock picks good for the long haul. I will buy as many shares a possible until I hit the 100 mark on any of them.
Thats the jist of it. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Emma's dad
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us