The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-if-youre-a-muslim-and-it-turns-out-to-be-a-30645651.aspx

Subject:  Re: Truth Date:  4/21/2013  2:00 AM
Author:  khalou Number:  678572 of 757828

So if you’re a Muslim, and it turns out to be a Muslim bomber, you will be in no way associated with it. Which is fair. However, folks, if you are a conservative, and it turns out that whoever did this is either real or has an imagined connection to conservatives, everyone in the media will unite to denounce your whole group. Crazy extremists. Everybody thought to be in that guys group will be targeted. And believe me, that’s what they are all hoping for." --Rush Limbaugh

Staying in the middle, I can't help but wonder why Rush didn't say that whatever group the perpetrators might be connected to would be tarnished by this act.

Isn't it also true that if the perpetrator turned out to be connected to a Liberal philosophy that the Liberals would be unjustly tarnished?

In all fairness, he did say "Everybody thought to be in that guys group will be targeted."

But, somehow, I don't suspect that this would have been his message if the perpetrator(s) had turned out to be Liberally biased.

Bipartisan neutrality isn't what Rush Limbaugh does, and, as an extension of that fact, every word out of his mouth becomes worthless as useful insight.

k
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us