The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltiok-what-im-thinking-is-that-there-would-30645975.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Boston lockdown Date:  4/21/2013  12:14 PM
Author:  JasperCapital Number:  421108 of 463584

<I.OK. What I'm thinking is that there would have been no point, since at that point the police didn't know what they were looking for. One guy? Or two? White? Brown? Pipe bomb? C4? On foot? In a car? Pressure cooker? Domestic? Foreign? What good would shutting everything down do?

but because they didn't know, doesn't that mean the POTENTIAL threat was EVEN HIGHER on Monday right after the two bombs?

And along those same lines, we STILL don't know with certainty that these two guys acted alone, so how safe should people feel now? What if these two dudes were just the mules who placed the bombs?

I am sorry but the whole day, whole city lockdown was over the top, in my opinion.

If anything, it sends future terrorists the signal that their damage and fear will get amplified by the media and the government far more than the damage of whatever their amateur bombs are able to cause.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us