The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/again-i-dont-its-not-an-argument-of-30647274.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lets Not Jump To Conclusions!!!! Date:  4/22/2013  12:27 PM
Author:  HMALETTER Number:  678806 of 835385

Again, I don't. It's not an argument of equivalence. It's an argument of comparison and difference. When a member of X-group commits terrorism we blame all X. When a member of Y-group commits terrorism we don't blame all Y. There's no assumption that X = Y in every other respect. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the argument.

I believe I do. I'm not a supporter of Christian fundamentalism, and I surely do not support any groups that are beyond nasty and/or violent. But they do not represent all Christians, many of whom are Democrats and Liberals. I'm sure you know that Boston is a very liberal city, and a ton of Christians live there.

Your argument is a moot point, based both on the facts concerning militant groups and countries, and the fact that there is no nation that has set up anti-terrorist organizations to stop Christian terrorist groups. We have anti-government groups, we have anti-abortion groups, both of whom have done some damage in attacks, but they are not widespread thankfully, nor are they large in number. Nor do they take up housekeeping on other countries with the desire to create harm.

These two men seemed to be OK, with the younger brother seemingly liked by most everyone he had come into contact with. The older brother apparently saw a steady decline w