The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/and-we-should-let-muslims-into-the-country-30647473.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lets Not Jump To Conclusions!!!! Date:  4/22/2013  2:27 PM
Author:  2828 Number:  678812 of 753743

And we should let Muslims into the country because....?

IMO?

Because there are lots of sane ones, and they are badly persecuted. They are often educated and exactly what we should be looking at for citizens.
-----------------
Yeah, i'm not down with that. First of all they aren't going to tell you they're fanatics. Even if 1-5% of them are jihadist types, that's probably 95% higher than from non-terrorist countries. We don't have to import nutjobs. I would not be allowing immigration from countries with terrorist problems unless we were absolutely sure they were not jihadists or jihadist sympathizers. Remember those interviews after the London tube bombings, many muslims were OK with it, they might not have carried it out, but they sympathize. Why let people who might go off the deep end over a cartoon come here? I don't care how "smart" they are. You trust the FBI or whoever screens for this kind of thing to sift out the riff-raff? They didn't do too good with terrorist number 1 even after Russia alerted us to him and he posted a bunch of youtube videos about Jihad. I heard interviews with former FBI people, they were all, "you can't follow up with these guys, there's thousands of them and you can't scrutinize each one", basically making excuses. Europe is going to be in a heap of trouble in the next decade or so because of radical muslims, no need to repeat that here, we already are following them down the tax and spend rathole, no need to emulate everything they do wrong.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us