The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / An Open Letter

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/umyeah-its-like-people-dont-see-all-the-30647797.aspx

Subject:  Re: An Open Letter Date:  4/22/2013  5:10 PM
Author:  cabinsmama Number:  41686 of 45143

Um...yeah. It's like people don't see all the hands their check and credit card information go through, it's just "people" and "people" are somehow safer than the interwebz. Ironically, most of the bank and CC fraud I've seen (actually, close to all) was more personal: stolen wallets, forged checks, etc.

Paypal's been linked to my main account for...13-14 years, maybe. Since I started buying and selling on ebay. Never had a problem. In fact, when I completely bungled two transactions of a few hundred dollars each (I was having a REALLY bad day) I filed two disputes with paypal and both cases got resolved in a couple of days, no problem. I had really good sellers, but paypal was super-quick at handling their part of the process.

I was glad to see so many other merchants accepting paypal as it's grown way past ebay. It's nice to have the transaction done with and not have to haul out the CC or wait for it to show up on the statement.

cm
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us