The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotsounds-nice-id-have-to-wear-a-nice-sun-hat-30648770.aspx

Subject:  Re: Truth Date:  4/23/2013  9:54 AM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  679005 of 745858

"sounds nice, I'd have to wear a nice sun hat and lots of white clothing and sandals....I'm sure there's a rainbow area for me and andrew. :) Even down there the "sisters" wear flannel shirts. ;)" - Luckydog

Maybe with cut-off flannel sleeves? In the wintertime it can actually get quite chillly, like in the 50's, and even down in the 40's at night. They rarely have a frost, but sometimes they do.

What I've figured out about gays is that they are everywhere, even if you don't think they are. I'm betting there are even a few at our fundamental Christian church, just in the closet, married with children, on the down-low, etc. They may not want to be gay, but they were born that way so they probably have to fight those feelings every day the same way that straight guys have to fight lusting after beautiful young girls.

It's an individual decision. Each person has to decide for themselves how they want to live their lives, what they want to believe, etc. I don't judge anybody, at least when it comes to stuff that doesn't hurt or bother anybody else. I just don't see sex being that big of a deal. It's not like anybody is going around having sex 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. People live their lives, go to work, grocery shopping, do laundry, cook, eat, watch TV, etc. and if they make love it's not like it lasts for hours. So why should I care what they do for 20 minutes a day to make themselves feel good?

Art
>>>>>>>>>
you're so right, sex is an intimate part of a lover relationship but it's only a small part of it as far as the rest of the time you spend with your loved one. The emotional connection plus compatibility play the most important role in whether a relationship works or not. If the sex is pleasurable for both, that's a plus. :) Mutual interests also play a big part. Time apart for friends and other interests is healthy too.

I've met more straight women over the yrs who act and look more like gay women...it blows my mind. I had lunch with a doggie obedience friend yesterday for the first time, she early retired from the Post Office this yr. She chopped her hair off and she's always been an odd duck anyway...I've known her since 2001. She doesn't go out much, she has her 2 dogs and she visits her momma in the high dollar retirement home-she has Parkinson's Disease. She asked me if I ever got married and had a family and I said no, that I was engaged twice but that was all. She hasn't married either. The odd thing about her that bugs me, when you tell her something, she screws up her face with a puzzled look and says "what?, "okay"...as if she thought it was odd or puzzling and/or didn't agree with it. It makes me think she's either slow or has lead a sheltered life. Who knows? But she has always done it.

Okay, I need to finish reading the paper.......I turned on the iPad to listen to music I just read a review about. Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5..includes Fate and Moon Love. It's very thrilling, nice melody. I even did the "Jumble" puzzle quickly while listening to it so I have high hopes of todays productivity. :)

LuckyDog
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us