The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  ineligible pension contribution Date:  4/23/2013  2:22 PM
Author:  katiewa Number:  118480 of 127613

We just received the following notice:

A recent review of your pension contributions to the ... Pension Plan ... indicated a contribution made after your termination date .... As a result of [a] payment on March 9 [6 months after leaving], 2012, a pension contribution of $xx.xx was made to your account. At that time you were no longer an employee eligible to contribute to the plan.... Because of this, we need to reimburse you for the $xx.xx plus earnings.

So, does this get credited to 2012 income and I need to file an amended return? Or will it just get included into 2013 and I don't need to worry about it?


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us