The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-barrons-article-contains-characterizations-30649943.aspx

Subject:  Re: BDCs on Barrons Date:  4/23/2013  6:01 PM
Author:  LordXot Number:  74177 of 77100

The Barron's article contains characterizations and observations regarding BDCs but little in the way of fundamental analysis to support an investment thesis. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't support some the the moves seen in the names mentioned. NMFC is up 10% since the article appeared and this is what was said about it............."New Mountain Finance specializes in lending to companies whose earnings tend to hold up well during downturns in the economy."

It was also on a chart of "lower than average risk" BDCs. Ok, fine, but why? I wouldn't buy off this info.

FWIW, i own NMFC and seven other BDCs, including ARCC, that comprise 11% of my holdings. The Barron's article doesn't make me feel any better about the sector in any way. Hopefully, no one else will glean anything other than a starting point for further DD from this article.....................................Xot
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us