The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/at-the-end-there-was-a-lot-of-jewish-prophesy-he-30650095.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lets Not Jump To Conclusions!!!! Date:  4/23/2013  7:27 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  679221 of 740091

At the end, there was a lot of Jewish prophesy he had to fulfill to get his message through, he did not take up arms and fight, but he did not sick back and not take someone to task.

I know, but it was the way He did it that's different from the way I would do it. (Of course, He, too, would be among the most despised on the PA board, so I guess I'm in good company.)

The example given by my pastor was, he was in a phone store waiting in line to be served. Someone came in the door and went directly to the counter to make a purchase. When Pastor said, "I'm sorry, I was next," the bargy customer said, "I was here earlier." Earlier than what--last week, yesterday, this morning? Pastor said, "I really got chapped when instead I should have perhaps said a prayer for that person's spiritual condition" (or words to that effect). In other words, we get bent out of shape for the smallest slight when we should turn the other cheek instead.

Christ used parables and analogies to get his point across in a non-inflammatory way. He could not have been responsible for the reception of those who heard his parables.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us