The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-agree-that-what-the-koran-says-is-pretty-clear-30653058.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lets Not Jump To Conclusions!!!! Date:  4/25/2013  11:38 AM
Author:  2828 Number:  679483 of 753680

I agree that what the koran says is pretty clear. Yet, only a small percentage of muslims are actually jihadists. What would be more a useful number to know is what percentage of muslims agree with or are supportive of the jihadists.

After we have a terrorist incident we are usually left with silence from the majority of muslims. Many that do manage to say something recite the old "yeah, but" routine. You know how it is "we regret and decry these violent acts, but you have to understand where these people are coming from". My POV is "No we don't"! When you go down that road, you are creating excuses for killing and maiming large numbers of innocent civilians. I reject all such moral equivalency arguments.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I remember a poll of muslims after the London bombings and i was shocked at the percentage that were sympathetic.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us