The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/there-may-well-be-other-reasons-why-there-are-not-30653187.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lets Not Jump To Conclusions!!!! Date:  4/25/2013  12:37 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  679495 of 736104

There may well be other reasons why there are not all that many jihadists on a percentage basis. It may be as simple as many potential recruits have found out that the pension plan really stinks.

Here's the practical reality about human beings. All humans, everywhere, all the time, act in their own enlightened self-interest. Oh, there may be anomalies from time to time--such as suicide bombers and other self-sacrificing types--but it's in our DNA to behave in such a way that our own lives and those of our loved ones are enhanced and/or advanced as we would like.

This is what libruls don't understand. You, Mr/Ms Libtard, cannot make me voluntarily do anything other than what I believe to be in my own enlightened self interest. You can force me, through taxation and regulation, to do as you want me to do, but a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Jihadism is pure brainwashing.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us