The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/people-have-asked-me-quotart-if-you-believe-30653229.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lets Not Jump To Conclusions!!!! Date:  4/25/2013  12:56 PM
Author:  CCinOC Number:  679497 of 734776

People have asked me, "Art if you believe all that why don't you just kill yourself so you'll be in heaven?" A simple answer is that I'm not absolutely 100% sure I'm right.

I think the reason you may not be absolutely 100% sure you're right is that your theory doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

From what I gather from your thousands of posts on the subject, you believe that everyone who ever lived will one day exist in a holographic Paradise, regardless of how they behaved on Earth. No matter what pain they inflicted, it's all good in the end. But, in your gut, you know this can't be right. It can't be possible that it matters not what you believe; if that's the case, the Jihadists have nothing to fear. In other words, the Boston bombers will be your next door neighbors in your holographic Paradise, and you're going to be fine with that.

Alrighty!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us