The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-company-im-working-for-has-an-office-in-the-30653317.aspx

Subject:  Re: When can I qualify for a loan? Date:  4/25/2013  1:27 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  125136 of 127801

The company I'm working for has an office in the same city as my university, so I would probably just extend my current apartment lease out until around this time next year.)

Or you could simply go month to month. In many states that is automatically what happens to a lease after 1 year. Take a look at your lease to see. You may in fact need to give so much notice to end the lease, even if the one year anniversary is coming up.

If you can go month to month, that would be ideal. You don't have to live in an area to get to know it, just spend time there. Walk around and see what the ambiance is like. Identify some streets you particularly like, and monitor those areas on line for sales activity.

Good luck and keep us posted so we can enjoy your success vicariously. I have no doubt that you will be successful no matter what path you take.

IP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us