The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-overall-tenor-of-your-questions-and-remarks-30655448.aspx

Subject:  Re: When can I qualify for a loan? Date:  4/26/2013  4:22 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  125154 of 127808

The overall tenor of your questions and remarks reveal that you have very little experience in the real-world outside of college.

Much doesn't get said in posts, and rightly so. We only know what the OP has chosen to share with us.

He's asking questions, considering the replies without the stubborn know it all attitude that we see so much of here, and seems to have enough brains to adapt. I would say that puts him in a category above the majority of homeowners who neither had a clue nor looked for one.

Rule of thumb: the overall costs to *buy* a house are 5% of the price. The overall costs to *sell* a house are 10% of the price. That's 15% round-trip transaction costs

Way overblown. I don't think I've even hit 10% out of pocket for a buy/sale, though that is typically what I estimate knowing it will give me plenty of wiggle room.

IP
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us