The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/no-youre-paying-more-than-youd-like-who-30655993.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax Deferred Annuity right for me? Date:  4/27/2013  1:44 AM
Author:  ShouldKnowBetter Number:  118492 of 121333

No, you're paying more than you'd like--who isn't?--but you still seem to be able to take nourishment. I comment partly because my SA side wanted out, but primarily to point out that people who are doing well financially display a tendency toward hysterical hyperbole when it comes to taxes. They too often forget the upside of paying a boatload of taxes. You're making good money! Celebrate that now and again.

There is something wrong with your answer.If a customer comes in and says to you that "I paid 100 dollars for x product. But everyone else I talked to paid only 50. Did I pay too much?" You see the product and know you can get it for 33. Do you say: "You got money, don't worry about it?"

I feel that a lot of people who were making money saw how much effort it was taking; saw how much of their hard earn money was being taken for taxes; and decided that their time could be spent doing other things. Thus, they cut back. Reduced thier income, Reduced thier lifestyle. Spent less on consumer goods.

They are now happier. They pay less taxes; have less income; and spend less.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us