The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Tax Deferred Annuity right for me? Date:  4/28/2013  6:44 AM
Author:  inparadise Number:  118529 of 127753

You will need to "retire" the year befor you child graduates from high school.

Thank you for thinking about what I posted.

The Fafsa form that gets filled out for financial aid can be amended for change of circumstances, though there is a good chance aid will be gone by then. And it gets filed every year, so if we miss a year of decreased costs, no big deal. The potential for decreased college costs is more of an intellectual study on how the system works, hopefully with a payoff for our efforts, than how we need to approach paying for college, or even a motivation for retirement. It's more important to us to take the time to see how Obamacare impacts us, and give the company time to react and pull early retiree health care if that is their plan.

with one in college already
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us