The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hello-im-53-in-a-high-income-bracket-and-30658114.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax Deferred Annuity right for me? Date:  4/29/2013  5:33 AM
Author:  BenHurJudah Number:  118548 of 121216

Hello,

I'm 53 in a high income bracket and getting killed in taxes. Maxing out my 401k and IRA. A financial planner from Fidelity suggested i dump money into a Tax Deferred vaiiable Annuity to decrease my exposure. Fees: 0.25% expense not including Fund I choose. I don't know enough about Annuity's to make a decision here.

Pros and Cons?

Thanks,
Fool on!

Beware of the statist mentality at TMF, which is sad. Statists love to hang out at TMF and pretend to know something about something while they garner huge recs in their guilty white "you SHOULD do this and that" posts. When people tell you that you should be happy paying taxes and spend more time in charitable pursuits, they are the statist wolves in sheep's clothing who look to devour your earnings (through the benevolent state) and make you feel guilty that you don't agree with their BS. Some even have the TMF in front of their name.

Learn to discern those kinds of highly-rec'd posts. They are harmful to your financial health and well-being and their idea of charity is to have their god the state pick you pocket in huge amounts on a consistent basis as part of their social contract (on you) of a civilized society.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us