The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Fools Fighting Fat

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/1-volucris-in-response-to-you-referenced-the-30660336.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bloodwork Results! Date:  4/30/2013  1:01 PM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  57862 of 58627

1) Volucris, in response to you, referenced the Shaw quote about wrestling with pigs.

2) In response to Volucris, you appeared to misunderstand the metaphorical nature of Shaw's observation, which led you to assert that no one could possibly mistake you for a pig, since you are quite slim (i.e. lean).

3) My response to you, regarding the leanness of pork, draws from the fact that over the last few decades industrial pork production has moved from breeding fat pigs (for lard) to breeding much leaner pigs (in response to consumer demand for less-fatty meat). Since pigs are, in fact, leaner than they once were, my response is intended to challenge your assertion that no one could mistake you for a pig based on your slimness. Some might have thought it was a joke.

In sum: No, I wasn't being literal about porcine caloric intake and expenditure.

I'm tremendously confident that this will help the Fools who're trying to fight fat successfully achieve their goals in some way...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us