The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Self Employment Tax Date:  4/30/2013  1:53 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118558 of 127745

I know I have to pay federal tax on the social security and retirement but is it subject to the self employment tax as well?

No. S/E tax is due only on your net income from self-employment.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us