The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotweve-been-blurring-the-lines-too-much-i-30662258.aspx

Subject:  Re: College degree value Date:  5/1/2013  1:28 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  49242 of 61998

"We've been blurring the lines too much, I think, between types of schools...the vocational and remedial mission of community colleges has crept into 4-year colleges and even research universities. The well-rounded liberal arts student who can think and argue their way out of a paper bag is a dying breed. We're training too many young people into thoughtless, heartless greed-heads and manipulators. I dunno...some of them are probably learning that at home more than school." - alstromeria
--------------

College was the happiest time of my life. When I look back over my life those years I spent at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia were the best and most happiest time I've ever had.

My wife and I both went to college and essentially never left. We both ended up working for the University after we graduated, me in Animal Care (degree in Animal Science) and my wife in communications (degree in Journaalism). She went on to get a PhD and is now a department head at Belmont Uni. in Nashville.

I liked being part of the University atmosphere.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us