The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-lived-in-california-you-would-be-able-to-30664462.aspx

Subject:  Re: I HAVE LEUKEMIA .... NO BS, JUST FACT Date:  5/2/2013  2:53 PM
Author:  eatenbybears Number:  1874781 of 1957255

if you lived in California, you would be able to buy insurance at a price far less than your gld plated insurance even if you had none and then got diagnosed with leukemia under the "Pre-existing condition health plan, part of the insurance exchanges set up under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act aka "Obamacare".

So maybe your chemo will clear up your brain.

The

"Pre-existing condition health plan, part of the insurance exchanges set up under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act aka "Obamacare" stopped signing up people three months after it went into effect. It ran out of money (3 billion) in three months

The best things in life are not free.

I am all for a good quality national healthcare system if you think it out, ballance the numbers, consider the regulations and plan how it will be paid for.

For one of the key parts of Obamacare to run out of funds and shut down in 3 months shows the mess we may be hearding ourselves into ... I hope not.

I did punch myself into the California insurance exchange to see the cost .... believe it came out to around $12-13,000 .... of course my 20,000 year policy still had money to pay my bills after 3 months :)

Bears
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us