The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Amended return issue Date:  5/2/2013  10:45 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118574 of 127534

What originally appeared to be a $800 refund transitioned into a tax due payment of $600 on the amended return -- a difference of $1400!!!!! Ouch!

You're still ambiguous. Let's try it this way. From Column C of your 1040X the following numbers, please:

line 10
line 16

A note about line 16. It should not include the $600 you sent with the amended return. Let us know if you did include it.

In the meantime, do not cash the $800 check.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us