The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: tranfer stocks to Roth IRA Date:  5/2/2013  10:56 PM
Author:  RatioFool Number:  72150 of 88065

You can transfer shares of stock in a Roth conversion. However, the current value of the shares will be treated as taxable income. See IRS Publication 590.

"You must include in your gross income distributions from a traditional IRA that you would have had to include in income if you had not converted them into a Roth IRA. These amounts are normally included in income on your return for the year that you converted them from a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA."

Ratio ~
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us