The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/then-there-was-the-time-i-found-a-dollar-and-then-30672957.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Find a Penny, Pick it up? Date:  5/8/2013  6:38 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  681212 of 734568

Then there was the time I found a dollar and then went through a drive through and a dollar bill flew out of my hand. grrrrr!

LD

ONe thing used to drive me crazy.

I used to go in the early morning to play basketball. Every morning there would be money left on the court. Not big bucks of course, but anywhere from a few pennies to some quarters and other silver. I guess the kids would empty their pockets while playing, and change to kids today is apparently pointless.

Anyway, every morning, I would pick it up.

Then one morning I ran a little late, I came and there was an elderly gent walking the edges of the court picking up the change.

From then on, I left the change, figuring if this guy needed it, I would do the right thing. Years of training made it tough for me every morning to see the change sitting on the ground and not pick it up, but hey I was doing the right thing.

Fast forward, I find a place to play ball indoors, and go there in the morning. Who do I find doing laps in the gym? The gent I saw picking up the coins. Nice guy we always shared a few words, then one day he catches me working out and we chat.

The guy was absolutely LOADED, he was involved with being part owner of a big supermarket chain on Long Island and was rolling in money!

I think I was right about that Karma thing.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us