The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Human Brain-worms!||Date: 5/8/2013 8:54 AM|
|Author: telegraph||Number: 681221 of 708776|
British woman nearly died after tapeworms burrowed into her BRAIN while she was volunteering in Madagascar
Sherry Fuller, 40, caught pork tapeworms from contaminated food or water
She experienced headaches and seizures when she returned to England
Doctors thought she may be suffering with a brain tumour, TB or even HIV
Finally diagnosed with neurocysticercosis - brain cysts caused by larvae
Was then given worming tablet to kill larvae but reacted badly to medication
Needed to take steroids, anti-epileptic drugs and took 2 years to recover
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2321229/British-wo...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Arrgh..remind me not to catch brainworms in Madagascar!
|Copyright 1996-2013 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|